A little blog about all things crazy in my crazy little world.

Tuesday 24 April 2012

The crazy little love handles!

Noah is 20 weeks old this Sunday! Twenty weeks!!!!!! WOW!!!
But this milestone has made me really think about what I have achieved....
I found a video of myself and my niece Lillia from 12 months ago! I was about 8 weeks
pregnant with Noah and 54kg! Granted I was far too skinny and was very sick but I looked
"good". Then I looked at myself now... and honestly I throw clothes on so I am "dressed"
but don't really care about how I look. (Sorry Husband!)

I'm too busy, too tired and heck I'm already married with a baby. I don't need to look good for anyone...

UMMMMMM.... Actually I need to look good.. For Me! (and for my poor husband!)

So as much as I want to say I look fine, I'll loose it eventually. I won't and I know it.
I had to work hard (and yes I did the wrong things to get there!) to get to 54kgs!
But now I know how amazing my body is.. I made a human! That's pretty darn cool!
I respect my body! And I want more kids so I won't be, being stupid this time!

Admittedly I eat fairly healthy. We love to cook and we rarely have processed foods or takeaway.
My older brother also got us hooked on Salads!

Anyways so although I eat fairly healthy meals I am a binge snacker! I love chocolate, crackers, lollies etc. I like eating! I think it's a boredom thing. Something to do while I spend my day singing to Noah!

I decided to sign up to the twelve week body transformation! Which means getting off my butt and exercising and cutting back the crap that I do eat and drinking alot more water!

SO
Bye bye coke!! :'( I will miss you... for now.. Then i'll get over you!!
See you later Junk Food. Might see you again at a party some where but you are no longer part of my diet!

I aim to walk as much as possible, to try new things, I will spend less time sitting on the computer and more time doing things. I may even learn to mow the lawn *Oh my husband will be so excited!*

I aim to drink 4 bottles of water a day! To most this is "easy" to me it sounds like i'm going to drown! I hate water and within a week I would probably have 1-2 glasses in total!

I aim to eat healthier and also to encourage others to eat healthier!

If anyone is wanting to join the 12WBT let me know! I'd love buddies!

3 comments:

  1. Yay girl! It's great to hear you're trying to trim up in a way that's GOOD for your body!

    But firstly, I want to comment on the part where you said, "I was far too skinny and very sick but looked good"... well I think you look good NOW because the girls that look best are the HEALTHY ones and the HAPPY ones, and ones who have LOVE in their lives. I know you have lots of all that, so I just wanted to say that even though it's GREAT that you want to get fit and trim, don't be too hard on yourself, because regardless of if you're in your ideal body or not, you will look great if you're smiling and enjoying life ;).

    Drinking lots of water is tough hey!! I found it easier by adding a 1/4 cup of pure cranberry juice to each bottle (cranberry juice is good for weight loss!) as well as some fresh lemon juice! It just added that subtle flavour to the water which made it easier to chug down!

    Tell me more about the 12 week body transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo cranberry juice! I loved that while pregnant!

    It's hard hey. I like the "look" of being skinny but I was so unhappy and stressed out and now (obviously) I am a VERY different person!
    The 12 week body transformation (www.12wbt.com.au) Is a Michelle Bridges program. New diet, exercise plan and ALOT of people doing it. I've been doing the warm up activities. (Attempting 30kms in a week!, cutting out soft drink etc.) It's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fantastic! Good for you! I'm sure you will see results!

    Also, I came across this little article saying why diet coke/sodas actually can make you fat!! Very enlightening.

    http://www.truthaboutabs.com/diet-soda-makes-you-fat.html

    ReplyDelete